Completion Solidarity

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
Edryan

Re: Completion Solidarity

Post by Edryan »

2486 tonite - first writing day in a week....

bleh...
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

About 100pgs left to go in the read-thru/continuity pass/cut/etc. I'm very VERY happy with how it's flowing since the big re-order. Wish it was going faster, but even so...I should finish the go thru by month's end, and then I'm into Vol 4, which is currently only half-done, so I should at least be able to finish it before the big move this spring. That leaves Vols 5 and 6 to write after settling into the new place at Ship Fire Ranch.

It's starting to seem possible in a whole new way.
Goal for tonight: At least another 20pgs of progress.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 15: I wrote 224 new words and re-wrote some major plot points. I'm satisfied that I know how the story ends and will plug along!

February 16: I wrote 1,276 new words, not great but given that I was fighting a migraine I'll call this a win!

February 17: I wrote 500 new words and deleted a depressing number of old ones.

February 18: I wrote 100 new words and spend several hours restructuring the story in the push to the end.

February 19: I wrote 100 new words and had a glasses emergency. Not being able to see slowed me down. Got new specs though, so tomorrow the play must go on.

February 20: I wrote 2,113 new words and spend several hours restructuring the story in the push to the end.

February 21: I wrote 980 new words and spend several hours restructuring the story in the push to the end.

Overall: The story sits at 117,293 words and I have a no excuses deadline of the 27th to turn it in. Now it's about completing the story more than any specific word count.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 22: I wrote 3,354 words today and am on the final battle with the deadline looming!

Overall: The story is at 122,250 words right now, but I hit the word count so this is merely about finishing the dang book.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

You're getting close!

So am I. Just finished the BIG climactic sequence of this book, have a couple dozen pages to go. I may actually wind up just moving all of them to the next volume--a decision I'll make later today.

Once this is done, I'm halfway through the big series. The furthest I've ever been, as Samwise Gamgee would say.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

J Daniel Sawyer: Well done, you're killing it!

February 23: I wrote 1,853 words today and moved around a lot of chapters for the final cut. I also edited 12 chapters so I could turn them in to the publishers.

February 24: I wrote 4,534 words today, but the book keeps getting longer. I keep finding more links to tie up, which has me worried I'll miss the deadline.

Overall: The story is at 127,034 words right now. At least I'm writing the final battle scenes and the scenes to set everything up.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 25:

I wrote 4,332 words today and closed a lot of the dangling plot hooks. This brings the novel to 131,366 words and counting. I'm redlining caffeine, dipping coffee grinds and jonesing on sugar, but I will overcome. And did you know you could hear the colors and feel the words? Anyway, enough jibber jabber, I have a war to wage!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

JR: Oi, man, you're in danger of beating my word count for a single volume! Better pull up and pull out before you hit 200k!!!

I finished my The Hartman Gambit reflow/readthru 2 days ago--have spend the last two days doing physical things to clear my head. I trimmed it from 240k to 210k,and then moved one of the climaxes from Vol 3 to Vol 4 (which is my next project, which dropped the word count to under 200k. I'm gonna get started on that one (The Reeves Directive) next week. Got bookkeeping and some recording to do in the meantime.

-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 26: I wrote 4,000 words, almost done!

February 27: I wrote 6,000 words and pushed closer to the end zone!

February 28: I wrote 11,341 today and finished the novel!

Overall: The novel is done at 152,707 words!
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

March 1-3: Preparing for the next novel.... let the good times roll!