Daily check-in thread?

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
Theresa Baumgartner

Re: Daily check-in thread?

Post by Theresa Baumgartner »

I know some people regularly manage 9-10k per day, and I'm in awe of those who can do it.

Day 26: 1236 today, for a total of 45,095.

My plan today was to cook a bunch of stuff, eat, clean up the kitchen, and then write. For the record, this was a terrible plan. All I've wanted to do since I ate far too many calories, is take a nap. (The meal turned out great, although somehow I managed to make the crust on the mini pumpkin pies crunchy, which is not really the ideal texture. In any case, I have enough food to last for at least a week.) Still, at least I got some words down, and tomorrow is another day.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 26:

Today I wrote 200 words... I need to manage my depression better and get back on the wagon! I will do better tomorrow!
Edryan

Post by Edryan »

Few days of zero unfortunately. Less than 100 Tonite.

Trying to finish off Nov with 4 in a row at least!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Theresa -- Today is another day.
Ed -- With what you're battling against, 4 in a row would be a great way to finish.
JR -- Keep fighting.

The end is nearly upon us. Go go go!
-Dan
Theresa Baumgartner

Moving right along...

Day 27: 1735 today, for a total of 46,830.

I was planning to take the dogs for a long walk today in the sunshine, but I took a nap instead. Oops. So now we are going to go for a walk while I listen to today's podcast.
Theresa Baumgartner

Day 28: 1851 today for a total of 48,681.

The story is moving along quite well at the moment. I think the first pass is going to finish at around 60k (not in November, but in December), which is about 10k shorter than intended -- there are a lot of things that need more space.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 27:

I wrote 90 words, lots of family drama to handle but at least it wasn't zero!

Day 28:

I wrote 2,008 words today, bringing me up to 18,000 new words for the month. Not what a wanted, but a step in the right direction.
Theresa Baumgartner

Day 29: 2140 today, which brings my total to 50,821. Woohoo!

I still think this barf draft is going to top out at 60k, so the first editing pass is going to consist of filling in a lot of holes and imposing improved structure on the mess. Still... this is 50k more than I had at the beginning of the month, so I'll take it.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Day29:
64107 for a daily total of 3341. Definitely not going to finish before the deadline, dammit. Hoping I don't burn more than a week of December finishing this puppy up. We shall see.

Down to the wire! Keep going, everyone!
-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 29:

I hit 1,000 words today for a total of 19,000 words so far this month. Progress, but won't keep the publisher happy so I'll need to get those rookie numbers up! But Dad Duty calls when the kiddos are sick.