Completion Solidarity

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Completion Solidarity

Post by jdsawyer »

All right, everyone, here's where we continue the fight to the finish. I'm starting from 67,468 and am currently expecting the book to top out somewhere around 80k. I'll be starting my completion push tomorrow.

Who's with me? How far have you got to go to completion, and when are you hoping to finish by?
-Dan
JR Handley

Re: Completion Solidarity

Post by JR Handley »

I shall fight through to the finish! I've only got 71,000 more words before the year ends! So 2,300 a day or bust!
Theresa Baumgartner

Post by Theresa Baumgartner »

I'm taking a quick detour to edit another project, but I'm hoping to get back to my NaNo project at the end of the week. After that I think I should be able to finish in another week or so.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

I've taken two days off instead of one, but I'm intending to jump back in tomorrow.
Then I've also gotta finish Lantham #9 by year's end so I have a clear field this winter to tackle the next 2-3 vols of the BIG series that's been my nemesis.
-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Well here we go!

Day 1: 900 Words

Day 2: 546 Words

Day 3: 2,554 Words

My new daily goal is 2,478 a day to finish this monstrosity on time! Realistically, I need to build a buffer because Friday's are crazy hectic and that's just a known quantity. The trick is dictating and then editing and flushing those scenes out. That's how I did the words today!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Up to 69,600. Feels like pulling teeth, which I attribute to project drop from wrapping up the NaNoGang. We'll see how tomorrow goes.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Got a couple new scenes today, added about 1500 new words, but then subtracted 2k worth of notes, so negative on word count but positive on story.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 4:

I wrote 1,000 words today while also managing 7 hours of interviews and social media appearances. This is a HUGE improvement for me as these used to be zero days. Dictation is saving my bacon, sloppy though the first dictation is.

Currently at 54,100 of 120,000 words
Theresa Baumgartner

Post by Theresa Baumgartner »

Still working on editing the other novella, but I did take a break and add 782 words to the NaNo novel for a current total of 51,603. I'll take it.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 5:

I only wrote 225 words today, but I went shopping for a new friend! I am in the market for my own fur buddy and I think we found them! I had the family interview with the SPCA today and the home visit tomorrow. If all goes well, we'll be approved to adopt and I am STOCKED!! Screw words, I have a pupper!