Completion Solidarity

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
JR Handley

Re: Completion Solidarity

Post by JR Handley »

January 29: I only wrote 500 words today, but I worked on another project to prep for life after this novel which doesn't seem to end.

January 30: I wrote 2,250 words today, a good day!

January 31: I wrote 500 words today, but I again worked on preparing for the next novel and got several thousand words.

February 1: I wrote 1,500 words on the project and should hit 120,000 words by the end of this month.

February 2: I only wrote 1,000 words today, I need to do better going forward. Real life got me down and I am still working on writing through my mental health issues.

Overall: The novel currently sits at 101,000 and it feels like there's no end in sight but I'll keep plugging along until the story gets where it needs to go.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

I got myself up to pg 100 out of a 475mss pages on the continuity and proof pass of Book 3 of the big series. If I can keep up the current pace I should be into virgin territory by March, which means finishing the second half of book 4, then writing book 5 and 6.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Good job J Daniel Sawyer!

February 3: I wrote 1,000 words on this day, take that migraine!

February 4: I wrote 2,000 words today! A productive day, in spite of some hiccups!

Overall: The story is now at 104,000 words!
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 5: I only wrote 500 words into the main story BUT I managed 4,000 on a side project with a looming deadline so a productive day.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 6: Today I only wrote 1,000 words, but I figured out how to end my book without wasting words or making this book grow out of proportion. So a win!
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 7: I only wrote 100 words, but with the end in site I'm re-structuring them so I can make it work. It will take a few days of targeted editing THEN I'll be able to push through. It feels good to have an end in site!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Go Go Gadget Handley!

I've hit the halfway point with the continuity/read-thru of book three. A lot in this section has proved redundant after the re-order, so to the razor it falls. Very happy with what this re-order has done to the flow of the story. With any luck I might be into the first half of Vol4 by this time next week.
Or, at least, that's what I'm shooting for.

BTW, if you have any nanocast questions, now's the time. We're very thin at the moment.

-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 8: I wrote 100 new words because my process of Frankenstein-ing this book makes tracking difficult. Still, I feel like the end is in sight!

February 9: I wrote 100 new words because my process of Frankenstein-ing this book makes tracking difficult. Still, I feel like the end is in sight!

February 10: I wrote 600 trackable words today, but because I'm organizing the story I am losing and gaining words and spending hours fixing things. I could my time as 500 words an hour for anything but new words... and in that category today was very productive.
Edryan

Post by Edryan »

I have been horribly inconsistent the last few weeks....

1332 on the 8th and nothing since...:(

so 5 days of 0.

Hoping to start a new streak today.

We shall see...
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

February 11: I wrote 2,320 words today, though it drained my mind.

February 12: I wrote 100 new words, but spend some time tracing down a plot change.

February 13: I wrote 1,344 new words, but I am also sewing the book back together which is taking time.

February 14: I wrote 1,923 new words and finished tracing down a minor plot change.

Overall: The book sits at 112,000 words and I was give "the talk" by the boss about delivering it by the end of the month. Editing pipelines are what they are!