Completion Solidarity

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
JR Handley

Re: Completion Solidarity

Post by JR Handley »

Day 6:

I wrote 219 words today, but my son only turns 12 once so we made a day of it. I'll need a few days of super word counts to get back on track or I'll be hosed.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Major power outage the last couple days. About to get back to the keyboard for the first time since my last check-in. Winter is definitely here--heavy wet snow and just enough of it to cause problems.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 7:

I wrote 457 words, bringing the book to 55,000 words. Got caught up in some time sensitive business words that earn me zero forward book progress but had to be done.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Still got a couple days to go yet. ~3k today, but swallowed up a lot of notes, giving me a total current of just under 72k. Wrote the final scene, now have to connect up the dots. Looks like 2-4 chapters left to go, give or take, depending on how they unfold.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Another decent day yesterday, despite another power outage. Swallowed up more notes. Not much of a net gain, but some good net progress in the tale.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 8: I wrote 2,000 words today, I'll call it a win!

Day 9: I had a severe migraine and only wrote 17 words. Mostly this was my refusal to have a zero day! Oh, and I adopted a shelter dog, who still makes me happy!

Day 10: I wrote 483 words, for a new total of 57,500 words. I need to get back on the good days, but life is ruining my groove! Oof, I want that to stop! Also, I just added a plot complication because I'm a jerk to my readers! Now to get my minions to do a quick once over to check on the pacing etc. Maybe see if there are scenes I need and where they might need to go.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Spent the 10th mastering audiobooks. Hope to carve out some writing time today. Got less than 10k to go before finishing, I'm now sure of it.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Okay, well, I was wrong about less than 10k. I'm definitely in that awful hang-fire stage leading up to the final climax. Did about 3500 words today, gonna try to close most of the gap tomorrow. Realistically I've got 3-4 good writing days before it's ready to pass to the continuity expert.
JR, Theresa, how's it going with you guys?
-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 11:

I wrote 209 words in my story, and spent 6 hours live on air for a side hustle. I also got 3,250 words on my business side, so not unproductive, just not the words I needed.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

3500 words today. Hit the big twist. Next comes the big reveal. Then the climax.
-Dan