Completion Solidarity

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
JR Handley

Re: Completion Solidarity

Post by JR Handley »

Day 19: I only wrote 200 words as I restructured the book to fix pacing issues.

Day 20: I wrote 100 words as I continued restructuring things to fix pacing issues.

Day 21: I wrote 989 words on this day, after making sure the first quarter was properly paced. Working on getting up to the place I stopped flushed out and ready for the next batch.

Day 22: I wrote 2,000 words on this day, which was a nice feeling. I'm getting closer, a lot closer, to being able to more consistently hit these numbers. A win, even if I miss my deadline.

Day 23: I wrote 1,000 words yesterday, a case of the holiday blues holding me down. I fought through it though, which is at least something.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 24: On this day in 2020 I wrote 1,000 words, so my low days are going up. I'll take this progress, even as I miss this deadline.

Day 25: I wrote 1,000 words, which is forward progress.

Day 26: I wrote 1,000 words this day, more forward progress. This was in spite of losing the microphone I need to make the dragon work for me. Ahh, the joys of training a new doggie.

Day 27: I wrote 1,500 words today, despite spending hours hunting down a doggo who went rogue and snuck out of my yard. That said, I'll get back on track if it kills me!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Go JR!
I hit a hard brick wall with the mystery I'm completing a few days ago. Finally realized two nights back that I had completely screwed up the information flow about 20k words earlier, so I did scene cards, shuffled them, then cycled back and started moving forward again. Still have a chance to finish by year's end, but it'll be a push.
How are you doing, Theresa?
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 28: I wrote 1,500 words

Day 29: I wrote 1,000 words.

Day 30: I wrote 100 words today, sadly. Life has been rough lately, but I will overcome!

Day 31: I wrote 500 words today, but 2020 only ends once!
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

January 1: I wrote 116 words today, but got an extension.

January 2: I wrote 784 words today, bringing me up to 77,000 words and into the meat of the action so fingers crossed that this kicks off into high gear!
Edryan

Post by Edryan »

Impressive JR

Color me embarrassed - I have been next to useless as far as writing since about Nov 20 or so when I fell off the NANO wagon.

I have since gotten some house keeping done and after some planning and such started over on some projects today.

New goal is 2500 words/day every day for 2021 as of 1/4.

Will I make it? I doubt it, but as Dean Wesley Smith always says, hitting half your goal is not failure. It;s more than you would have gotten if you never tried.

If I really did hit 2500 for 362 days that would be - 905k words.

If I hit half that would be about 402.5 k. Or exactly 402.5, not about..... need... sleepppppp

regardless as I write longer books (last 3 were 135k, 152k and 125k) 400k would be 3 books or so. 6 books if I hit every day and really write 900ik.

We shall see
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Go Ed Go! And welcome to the party :-)

I just wrapped up Lantham 9, clocking in at ~90k words I left it at ~60k, so that's 30k since the end of NaNo (more than that, actually. I wound up having to cut several chapters and backtrack. Such is the mystery life).

About to go dive into red-lining on the last Joss Kyle mss so that I can get on with writing the next volume.
-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

January 3: I wrote 500 words into the work in progress.

January 4: I wrote 100 words of progress into the work in progress, more but I lost a lot of numbers to edits.

January 5: I wrote 900 words into the work in progress.

January 6: I wrote 500 words into the work in progress and did 1,500 words of research notes for this book.

January 7: I wrote 100 words into the work in progress.

January 8: I wrote 100 words into the work in progress.

January 9: I wrote 1,300 words into the work in progress.

January 10: I wrote 1,000 words into the work in progress.

January 11: I wrote 549 words into the work in progress yesterday. This puts the novel at around 82,049, but it has been cut into several documents as I re-organized it to fix the pacing so my count will be wonky for a bit.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

The count is getting up there. Where do you think you'll top out?
Edryan

Post by Edryan »

So far for Jan I am not hitting my 2500/day

BUT....

as of 1/13 (last night)

I am at 11247 for the month (not very impressive)

BUUTTT

6247 of that was last night. Big break through and finished a novella I wanted out of the way.

Now to redraft my WIP - I imagine some of the old run at it can be salvaged Dr Frankenstein sytle - we shall see

much better idea of where I want it to go and how to get there. I liked the first version but as I got to about the 1/3 to 1/2 point and bogged down (as i always do there) none of my usual tricks worked and so i started reading it from word 1 of chapter 1 and realized it was a good story - but it was thje wrong one.

That one will be written eventually, but it is not this story at this point in the series.

So here we go again.....