Daily check-in thread?

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
Edryan

Re: Daily check-in thread?

Post by Edryan »

jdsawyer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:36 pm Solidarity on the diet, Ed. I'm down over 50lbs over the last year and still shrinking. It can totally be done.
Down about 5 the first month - if I stay on pace I'll he where I want to be by spring

This book likely won't be done by then at the rate I'm going, but that's another problem!
Edryan

Post by Edryan »

2540 for the 14th

16189 for the month - 7149 off pace at the moment.
indianajim

Post by indianajim »

I did a podcast episode Saturday where I pretty much called time of death on Day 14. I hadn’t put any words down since the 11th and was really just interested in doing other things. I’m not going to be a daily writer any time soon and I just have to be ok with that.
jdsawyer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:36 pm Jim...Covid? Eek! Here's hoping the forest redoubt holds fast up here and nobody brings the virus in. This is certainly not something I want to get.
Yes I had it back in the beginning of September.
Theresa Baumgartner

Post by Theresa Baumgartner »

Day 15: 1756 for the day; 26,636 for the month.

I am pretty much right on track, with a little bit of a buffer. I am a plodder. I can do 500-750 in an hour if I'm concentrating, so the only thing I can really control is how many hours I devote to writing.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 15: 1,000 words, added in some disjointed dictation and got double the 500 I've struggled to get with 8 hours in the chair. Trying to mix it up to get those stats back to where they were.
Theresa Baumgartner

Post by Theresa Baumgartner »

Day 16: 1750 for the day, 28,386 for the month.

Congrats, JR -- you're working your way back up there!
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Thank you Theresa!!

Day 16: 770 words, so slowly inching back up. Today I got stuck doing some research but I documented it in such a way as to be able to be reused multiple times in the future so not a total loss.

Total words for the month: 7,552

If I can get dictation helping me jump up I can turn this ship around.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Jim -- sorry to hear about that!
JR and Theresa--ass kicking in progress, I approve :-)

Anyone heard from Holly? Haven't seen her on here in a few days.

I got yanked out onto the road yesterday. Was supposed to be half a day, took more than the full day. Heading down to try to get the groove back after I post today's episode.

Current word count: 34,470
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

So I spent the first three days of NaNo finishing a novella for my publisher. So I was a little late to the party. I started with a work in progress that was at 30,000 words. I'm currently sitting at 38,039 words. Today sucked because I had to go backwards and layer in some details. This is a novel in someone else's universe, so I had to make a small adjustment for where they want my novel to end, lest I mess up season 2 in their universe. That means I am layering in those changes now so that future re-write are easier. While I write slower than I was before 2020 and my latest concussion, I take heart in knowing my first draft is a lot cleaner than I used to write. Overall, I edited 63 pages today and added 500 story words. Yay Day 17, maybe I can still catch up... oof.
Last edited by JR Handley on Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Just recorded tomorrow's ep. My day 18 total word count is 36548. Gotta get shaking if I want to finish the whole book before the end.