Completion Solidarity

Solidarity and discussion for the NaNoWriMo 2020 Write-Through
JR Handley

Re: Completion Solidarity

Post by JR Handley »

Day 12:

I wrote 300 words today, fighting through a migraine.

Day 13:

I wrote 101 words today, fighting through a migraine. I think I need new glasses, but I can't get in to see my doctors at the VA because reasons. We stay apolitical here, so I'll just say it sucks balls! I WILL OVERCOME though, because my deadlines loom and my publisher has been most patient!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Twist delivered. Tomorrow, the climax.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 14:

I wrote 640 words today, at least words in my book in progress. I also wrote 2,500 in a side project for business. I need to focus on the main squeeze, but lately my sick doggie has been my sole focus. Poor boy has a bad case of the kennel cough from where we adopted him.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

2k words yesterday. Down to the final sequence. Thought I was going to finish, but we had to record our December film commentary. So, today it is
-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 15:

I wrote 2,640 words in my main novel and 4,000 words in my other business projects. I would call it a successful dictation day!
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Finished. Total: 92k. One of the more difficult plotting jobs I've ever encountered.
Oi vey.

On to the next book!
-Dan
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 16:

I wrote 600 words today in my main project and 2,000 in research for the next novel.

Day 17:

Today was a blast, I wrote 2,731 words in my main project and 3,750 in preparations for my next novel. Unfortunately, the words for the work in progress were dictation and sloppy so my next few days will be cleaning it up. I need to figure out the balance of the dictation to cleaning so I make forward progress without letting it become useless fluff and gets away from me. But overall, I am happy with the day.
JR Handley

Post by JR Handley »

Day 18: Only 208, but I had to work on rearranging things for the pacing to work. I think I can get close to the finish line if I can buckle down.
Theresa Baumgartner

Post by Theresa Baumgartner »

Congrats on finishing, Dan!

JR, looks like you're chugging along!

I just sent the interim novella off for a final proofreading, and tomorrow I'm going to get back to the NaNo novel.
jdsawyer
Site Admin

Post by jdsawyer »

Thank you!
Also, congrats on the novella and on diving back into the NaNo project.
I'm up 3k tonight on the mystery novel I'm trying to finish by month's end. Got a chance of making it. Here's hoping. Dying to start the new year with a clear field.